Spam texts are very irritating without any purpose; they may be dangerous sometimes too. These spam texts might sometimes consist of links to malicious websites that might steal your details. You cannot completely stop the spam texts; however, you can restrict or minimize the frequency of these spam texts. In this blog, we are going to discuss the strategies to minimize spam texts.
Here are the steps to block or report text spam
For the Android Phone users:
- Open the messages app on the phone
- Tap on the three dots in the top-most right corner
- Choose settings>spam protection
- Enable spam protection on
For the iPhone users:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Scroll to select messages>unknown &spam
- On the “Filter Unknown Sender”
You can simply block the contact number of that individual too from contacting you again.
Block the spam using Carrier’s Service
These carrier services offer spam-blocking services for phone calls and even carry over to texts. These services are offered by AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
Block the Spam Texts Using a Third Party Spam-Blocking Service
You can use third-party spam blocking services if the spam irritates you a lot. Try using third-party anti-spam services. These third-party services are not free. You can buy these services. For example, Robokiller at $4.99 a month after 7–days free trial, and Nomorobo, which costs $1.99 per month after a 14-day trial.
For iPhone users, the other ways to block spam texts are:
- Open the spam text and choose the user icon on the upper side of the page
- Click on the “info” icon and then on the “info” button
- Choose “Block this Caller”
- If you wish to report an iMessage that you received as spam, then look for the “Report Junk” link under the message, choose it, pick “Delete,” and then “Report Junk.”
Send the text to 7726
You need to forward a spam text to 7722 if you’re using one of the carriers (Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile). These carrier services are available in the US and UK and regulate communication services too.
In the article, we have mentioned the steps and strategies by which you can block or report spam texts. You can even use third-party blocking services to block irritating spam texts. Hope this article helps you to solve the problems you are facing due to spam texts.